Saturday, November 9, 2019

when onlytwo just won't do

So there's another guy out there that's been releasing music under the name "Onlyone" for a bit of time. Note that this artist capitalizes while I do not. I've always thought, whatever, you know...I've been using onlyone since 1997 and can't afford the legal stuff to claim ownership. But I hate that there's potential confusion, especially when our stuff couldn't be more different. Someone could look for my ambient music and stumble into expletive-laden rap, not that there's anything wrong with it if that's what you're into, but it's not what I make. I'm not re-branding my catalog numbering more than 17 albums, but I'd like to avoid confusion. I would hate to attempt to force him to re-brand all his work either. It's all hard enough for artists. What to do.